He said: “B, if you could do anything for work, what would you be doing?It completely caught me off guard. I just said the first thing that popped into my mind even though at the moment I thought it was a little ridiculous and not quite even possible. I said, “I would be doing social media management, or digital marketing and websites, I don’t know, something to help people with their businesses, working from wherever, with my own schedule and good money” — He probably thought I was crazy but just followed up with “And why don’t you?” – Computer finished uploading and conversation was over but I kept replaying in mind what he said…for months. A few months later I got my first design client on my own (even though I had been designing websites for a while, I was working mostly for one company doing their design and not on my own, plus it wasn’t nearly a full time gig) and one year ago exactly, I made myself a logo, designed a business card, made my website, social media profiles and all that good stuff. I literally sat in front of the computer for a whole Sunday and launched my business. It was a difficult beginning, some weeks were insanely busy, others were painfully slow and broke. Working a lot for very little money to build my portfolio, struggling to find the right price and the right clients. Well, that’s a long story because it’s been a journey and I can tell you all about it later in another post. But, here we are! On January 4th 2018, I was sitting in a coffee shop replying to emails and a lady sitting next to me started some small talk and asked me: “What do you do for a living?” – without even thinking I replied: Oh I do social media management, digital marketing and web design, I basically help people grow their businesses. She said a few things, and I said a few more and convo was over. I honestly stopped listening as soon as the deja vù hit me. I packed my computer, grabbed my coffee, and ran to my car so I could scream because I realized… OMG!!! I’m doing it! I’m freaking doing it! THANK YOU GOD!!!! December was my busiest month to date, it was a great month for my business and an even better month for my clients, which makes me so happy!! Here’s a brief summary of everything that happened:
- Launched Client’s Website http://neemasbodywraps.com – #1 Place for Body Wraps and Spa Treatments in DFW, check it out!
- I was invited as a guest in the Conservative Papi Podcast to talk about was it means to be an entrepreneur.
- Was interviewed by momscancode.com and my feature will be published on January 19, will let you know once it’s out.
- Launched Client’s Website Fifplans.com – This is a website where people can obtain charitable loans.
- My Social Media Client Amanda Frances launched 2 different courses (Boss Lady Business and Money, God, flow and fun … plus she was published in Forbes Magazine!! How awesome is that?!
- Social Media Client Patti Keating Launched her course Unleash your Revenue.
- New website for the Conservative Papi (will be done in a only a few more days).
- A new investment website for Farsight Partners.
- Recurrent social media and design for Amanda’s projects.
- Recurrent social media and design for Patti Keating.
- And a new ecommerce website is in the talks.
- Plus going through inquiries and quote requests.
Deuteronomy 28:12 The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.He will bless ALL the work of your hands, so just focus and get to it. You can achieve anything when you know you can’t fail. God wants you to succeed and He already put the way inside of you. Plus, there is something else that I want to make sure I mention before I close this post. If you go back and read again what I wrote, don’t miss the fact that I got my first client before I even had a logo. A web designer without a website? Yeah, I know! Pretty ridiculous, right? You DO NOT have to have every single detail figured out and every possible system in place for God to bless you. Heck! you don’t even need to know the next step. As long as you give the FIRST step towards your goal, God can open endless doors for you to walk through and shine in your own amazing way.
So let me ask you: What would you be doing if you could do anything?Sending you lots of love, Bondie M.